Tuesday 31 December 2013

Last day of 2013! Recap! shall we?


All too soon the year has ended and I guess we were all quite trilled. Glad to have been a part of making your year an exciting one, bringing you the trendiest in Fashion from Ghana. I will just provide you with a summary of this years activities starting from the camp of Trendsandblendsgh. We started this year with an Editorial on Afro Diva Nally, we shared her hair story and organized a whole shoot in collaboration with Ghanaian fashion brand Sarah Christian. 

We also interviewed some Designers and models a was present at Ghana Fashion and Design Week, Glitz Africa Fashion Week but however couldn’t make it to Citi FM’s Expressions of Accra. Finally we had two different giveaways in collaboration with Sarah Christian, Afiyo creations and Fuschia. I keep saying “we” and I know you are wondering why. Well, we represent a whole team (OAB Photography’s Ben Bond and Fredrick Tetteh have been of great help this year.


Look Books: Fashion designers were at their peak this season with really creative collections. Sarah Christian’s “Ego “, Ameyo “reflections”, Afiyo creations “daga” Christie Browns “Dure”, Alikoto’s “Nkyinkyim”, mSimps “Krai Coon”, kama by kilson’s “rogue” , Afro Mod’s “Nyornu”collection  these are few of the collections I can remember off the top of my head. Lets not forget Deborah Vanessa’s entrance in the industry and we definitely can’t forget her designs nether can I forget those from Abrantie clothing.


Events:  I think fashion events this year were Fab. It started with the FashionistaGh shopping  festival at trade fair which was exciting, Pop up shops were not left out this year. Glitz Africa fashion week took place at the Accra International Conference Centre and I must say I enjoyed every bit of it. It was a 3day event with over 50 designers from Accra, apart from the lateness, which this time was the fault of the attendees, I think it was a Great Event and Mai Atafo from Nigeria and House of Eccentric from Ghana nailed it. Organizers should work on their media tags. Having the name of the media house present on the tag is as important as the picture. 

The Retro Fab fashion event a private fashion show held at La villa boutique Hotel OSU. I loved their runway set up in the pool and also loved the clothes from some major boutiques in Accra, must say it was an exhilarating event. I am hoping it will be a bigger show next year.

 Finally, Ghana fashion and design week took place at the plush Moven pick Ambassador Hotel, this year's event was okay, it had some flaws and I know the organizers realized and will work on it for a better show next year!!!! p.s I love their media tags #simple 

Trending: African wax print hit the peak this season! Everyone joined in the craze. This year we saw bags, shoes, clothes, earrings all made out of the African Print, some labeled it as Ankara but should it really be called? I was quite thrilled to see Printex and GTP rebrand! We are still love their new fabrics and hope they keep up with the growth.

 Models and photographers were not left out this year.  This year brought a lot in a lot of models!  I think there should be a body to organize all these models and brand them.  Congratulations to Mecy Ashie and Prince IB for winning the model of the year award at the Glitz Africa Fashion week 2013. We appreciate all you models that have worked tirelessly this year, more grease to your elbow. I am sure next year will be awesome for all of us. More shows, articles, look books, giveaways etc.  There is still definitely room for improvement from all angles! So lets get to work people.  
Big Thank u to  Sarah Christian for clothing me this year!!! 
Thank u all for always reading my post. Any highlights of 2013 you want to share? drop it in the comment section . 
Medaase
Follow us on
 Facebook: TrendsandblendsGh . 
Twitter :@Tnbgh
IG:trendsandblendsgh
Happy New Year everyone !! Blessings

No comments: